tomorrow is gonna be dedicated to starting and finishing my essays for the teaching fellows program.
which i waited until last minute to finish, & its due on Tuesday. :(
so a bunch of bullshit happened this week. some big, & some small.
most of which won’t even be important next week.
- Wiz Khalifa colors his hair. first of all. the placement is all wrong. right in the front of ya damn head? really Wiz? & it’s not even a nice yellow, it’s like a piss yellow. BUT i guarantee y’all nigga all gonna be doing it soon. but i guess i commend his creativity?
- More nudes of Rih-Rih. more naked or semi-naked pictures of Rihanna sprung up all over the internet. all i gotta say about that, i LOVE it. show me them titties girl! :)
- Egypt. they shut down all internet and phone lines. seriously? sad. this is just a sneak peak of things to come. it’s only gonna get worse. this civil dispute their having will eventually spill over. but who’s gonna be there to clean up the mess?
- Unreliable drug dealers.apparently this is an issue among most people who indulge in some kind of illegal activity involving drugs. my room mate is a pothead, & she’s over her drug dealers obviously. she cursed out about three weed men this week alone. she’s tight. & so are most of you guys.
- Thinking about going home (NY) next weekend. that’s it.
- SNOW! everyone is tight in NYC, and i’m actually pretty psyched that it hasn’t hit me at school yet. it’s been 45 degrees everyday this week out here.
- Getting braids. my decision to get braids is final. i will be braiding it very soon. one because they are freaking fab, & also because i need to protect my hair in this harsh weather. natural hair is the worse to maintain in the winter.
- 98 days until graduation. need i say more?
so yeah. thats pretty much it. what a week.
omg! i was just gonna text you!
check ya phone!
“until you conquer the enemy in yourself, you can’t deal with anyone.”
i’m sitting here watching these Lauryn Hill speeches to a high school audience. i love her. i think above anything, i envy her capacity and inner strength.
you have to understand yourself, completely, to fully understand or handle the burdens of other people. to love other people.
this speech made me so happy. so so happy.
i haven’t been posting a lot lately, simply because i don’t have much to say. or what i do wanna say is either irrelevant or inappropriate.
i’m just gonna list a few things that i wanna talk about or has happened to me since i last blogged.
- Kim & Kourtney Take New York - i’ll admit it. i have a very sick, silent obsession with the Kardashians. (fashion wise.) but that’s not what’s important. last night was the premiere of the show. of course i watched. Kanye West made an appearance during the show, & when he saw Scott Disick, he said “Wow! He dresses amazing.” - what? Kanye. i can’t believe he said that. one because it’s very true. Scott is an amazingly dressed man. top of the line suits. & his arrogant asshole persona is somewhat sexy. it just shocked me so much to hear those words come outta Kanye’s mouth. just a random though. moving on.
- World Star is gone. Thank God! ok, yes, i did spend hours on that website whenever i visited it & just laugh. but! it was a venue for ignorant, sad shit. that website set black people about 300 years. if 50 cent really was behind the ending of that website, then yes, i applaud him.
- my English teacher posed a question today that i couldn’t for the life of me critically grasp or find an answer to. maybe one of you can help. QUESTION- why does African hair (meaning any kind of hair that would be considered “nappy”, “kinky”, “coarse”) lock? what i’m tryna understand is why was or is it beneficial that our hair locks the way that it does? help anyone?
- STOP LYING TO YOURSELF! that’s it. just stop it. i learned that the hard way.
- oh to add to number 1, Kanye will be releasing another album this summer. good. great.
- i haven’t taken a nap in about a week. i just take it as me being more responsible and mature. when you don’t have enough time in your day to no longer lounge around or nap, then you’re living the life you should. *most of the time.*
- i kinda wanna work with (ex)drug addicts. they usually have deep routed issues that need a lot of love and patience to deal with. something i think i can offer. i wanna do so much different shit. i’m confused career wise.
ok. thats it for now. i think.